Watch this informative video to learn which Berkey® filter
will be right for your water purification needs.
Our Elements at a Glance
|Black Berkey®||Berkey Earth®(9″)|
|Maximum Lifespan Per Element||11,350 Litres||3 Years/11,350 Litres|
|Element Composition||Proprietary Formula||Diatomaceous Earth|
Choose Your Housing
Berkey® offers different sized stainless steel housing units and one Berkey Light® housing unit constructed of non-BPA co-polyester. Both Black Berkey® Purification Elements and Berkey Earth® DE Filter Elements are interchangeable. When choosing a housing unit, please consider how many people you want to serve, how much space you have in the area where it will be used, and whether the system will be used for sustained or emergency use. Please keep in mind that the larger the housing unit, the less often it will need to be filled. A faster flow rate can be obtained by adding additional elements or filters.
Choose Your Element
Black Berkey® Purification Element
- The most powerful gravity-fed element in the Purification class
- Purification class: Nano-Filtration Technology. Tested to reduce contaminants to virus level, along with pathogenic bacteria, cysts, and parasites.
- Chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, VOC’s, THM’s, heavy metals and much more are easily reduced to greater than 99.9%.
- The proprietary formulation comprised of several different media types, designed to exceed purification standards.
- Each element will purify up to 11,350 Litres/3,000 gallons of water before replacement is needed.
- Ideal for the consumer that is not price-sensitive and is looking for the most effective and powerful way to purify their water quickly.
- Available in 9” size.
Berkey Earth® DE Filter Element
- The most powerful gravity-fed element in the Filtration class.
- Filtration class: Micro-Filtration Technology. Tested to reduce contaminants to bacterial level.
- Chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, VOC’s, THM’s, heavy metals and more are easily reduced to 99.9%.
- Proprietary formula comprised of Diatomaceous Earth, granulated activated carbon and other media components, designed to exceed filtration standards.
- Each element will filter up to 11,350 Litres/3,000 gallons of water or last up to 3 years before replacement is needed.
- Ideal for the price-conscious consumer to get started with a highly efficient filter system, at a more affordable price.
- Economical entry price affords those who would like to upgrade to the more powerful Black Berkey™ elements down the road, the ability to get an effective and economical system now and then upgrade later.
- Available in 7″ & 9” sizes.