- Accommodates: 2-5 people
- Constructed of: High impact strength, BPA-Free Copolyester which does not leach foul tasting plasticizers or chemicals into your water
- Shatter-resistant and virtually unbreakable
- Storage capacity: 2.75 gallons (10.4 litres)
- System Includes: Upper and lower chambers, a base, 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, 1 priming button, 2 blocking plugs,1 spigot, 1 cloth lid
- Each Black Berkey filter set has a filtration life of 22,000 Litres = 44,000 500ml water bottles!
- That’s retail cost of over $7000 for bottled water!
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- Black Berkey elements are self-sterilizing and re-cleanable which makes them cost-effective
- Gravity-based – does NOT rely on electricity or water pressure
- Utilizes the latest technological advances, backed by years of development
- NOT to be used with salt water
- Height when in use: 45.7 cm
- Compact Height for travel (upper chamber nests in lower): 30.4 cm
- Diameter: 19 cm
Filters as follows:
- Does NOT remove the beneficial minerals your body needs.
- removes Chlorine, Chloramines, Heavy Metals, Pharmaceuticals and more
- removes viruses MS2 and FR Coliphage by 99.999%
- removes disease-causing bacteria including Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform
- extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes
- reduces heavy metals such as aluminum, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead and mercury by up to 95%
- reduces bad taste & odours
- removes silt and sediment making your water crystal clear
- removes Fluoride and Arsenic with the addition of Pf-2 filters.
- and More
The Berkey Light® system is the ideal system for use at home with large families, travel, outdoor activities and during unexpected emergencies. This powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best. Perfect for home and outdoor activities and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available. It provides a slightly cheaper and lighter see-through alternative to the stainless steel units while still being portable.
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Berkey Light system can produce up to 4 gallons ( 15.2 litres) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Berkey Light system can produce up to 8 gallons (30 litres) of purified water per hour
NOTE: Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top and decreases as water level declines.