- Accommodates:1-4 people
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity:2.25 gallons (8.5 litres)
- System Includes: Two 9″ Berkey Earth Ceramic Filters (expandable up to 4), upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 1 stainless steel lid, 1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wing nuts, 2 washers, and 2 blocking plugs
- There is no need for priming. Once you install the Berkey Earth, it is good to go.
- NOT to be used with salt water
- Height when in use: 48.9 cm – 19.25 inches
- Diameter: 21.6 cm – 8.5 inches
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- Maximum Filters: Four (in upper chamber)
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with two 9″ Berkey Earth Ceramic Filters, the Big Berkey Earth System will filter up to 12 to 15 gallons (45 to 56 litres) of water per day
- Each Berkey Earth Ceramic Filters will filter up to 3,000 gallons of water or last up to 3 years before replacement is needed.
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-4™ Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
- Eliminates pathogenic bacteria, cysts, and parasites entirely as well as removing toxic chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, pharmaceuticals and all manner of VOCs, organic solvents and trihalomethanes. In independent testing, the Berkey Earth Ceramic Filters have also been found to reduce toxic heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and aluminum (For complete lab test results see Envirotek Lab Test Results). Besides this, the Berkey Earth water filters leave undisturbed and intact the beneficial minerals your body requires.
*Flow rates are calculated with upper chamber full to the top. The flow rate decreases as the water level declines.
The Big Berkey Earth system comes standard with 2 Berkey Earth filters. This version of the Big Berkey was developed for our price-conscious customers who have always wanted a Berkey but may have found a Big Berkey too expensive with the standard Black Berkey water filters. After 3 years of design and testing to develop the Berkey Earth water filter we consider them to be the best ceramic filters on the market today. The Big Berkey Earth offers high-quality filtration at a lower price, there’s no need to purchase lower costing Berkey knock-off brands any longer.
The Big Berkey Earth water filter will purify your home’s treated tap water as well as untreated water from such sources as lakes, brooks, ponds and water sources in foreign countries, where the local water supply may be compromised or regulations may not be adhered to. The Big Berkey Earth is the ideal water filter for all outside activities and is definitely a must in inhospitable environments where electricity or clean drinking water may not be at hand.