- Combo Includes: 2 Black Berkey Filters and 2 PF-2 Fluoride & Arsenic Filters and Priming Button
Black Berkey® Filters
- The filter is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons / 11,000 litres (6000 gallons/22,000 litres per set of two) – Depending on water source quality and usage, provide you with 3-5 years of efficient water purification.
- Tested by USA State & EPA accredited laboratories to exceed EPA & ANSI/NSF (Std. 53) protocol.
- Removes Bacteria, Chlorine, Chloramines, Heavy Metals, Pharmaceuticals and more
- Each Black Berkey filter set has a filtration life of 22,000 Litres = 44,000 500ml water bottles!
- That’s retail cost of over $7000 for bottled water!
- Berkey filters are not designed to be used with salt or softened water.
- Using the filters with salt of softened water will drastically shorten their lifespan and void their warranty.
- Powerful enough to remove most biological and chemical contaminants without removing beneficial minerals
- Compatibility: Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems.
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing during the life of the element
- Durable and efficient
- Very economical- filters
- Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty
- How to Prime the Black Berkey Elements Video: Click Here
- Test Results for Black Berkey Water Filters from Independent Laboratories: Click Here
PF-2™Fluoride & Arsenic Reduction Filter
- Constructed of: Non-leaching Polypropylene #5 that is BPA-Free plastic
- Use with Berkey Systems: Travel, Big, Royal, Imperial, Crown and Berkey Light
- Berkey PF-2™& Arsenic Filter are designed to be used in conjunction with the Black Berkey® Filter only
- PF-2 attach to the bottom of the Black Berkey® Filter and sit in the lower chamber of the Berkey unit
- Number of PF-2s in the bottom chamber must match the number of Black Berkey® Filter in the top chamber; for example, 4 Black Berkey® Filter would require 4 PF-2 Filters
- Filter Capacity: 3,785 litres per set of two under normal usage. Note that high levels of Fluoride, arsenic and heavy metals can reduce the capacity and efficiency of the filter.
PF-2 filters reduce filtration flow rate by 15-20%
- Recommended PF-2 Replacement: If the system is refilled about one time per day, the PF-2s should be replaced after 12 months, if the system is refilled about twice per day, the PF-2s should be replaced about every 6 months.
- How to Prime and Install the Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Filters Video: Click Here