- Combo Includes: 2 Authentic Black Berkey Elements and 2 Authentic PF-2 Fluoride & Arsenic Filters and Priming Button
Black Berkey® Elements
The Black Berkey® Elements are made and assembled in the USA
- Sold as a set of 2 elements
- Includes: Two 9″ Authentic Black Berkey® Elements with 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, and 1 priming button
- Installed in Upper Chamber of Berkey System
- Black Berkey® Elements are the leader in gravity-fed water Filtration, backed by independent testing
- Black Berkey® Elements mechanically extract waterborne pathogens while dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment and even radiologicals.
- Black Berkey® Elements have been tested by accredited third-party labs that have reported that the elements exceed EPA and ANSI/NSF (Std. 53) protocol, and address over 200+ typical contaminants found in tap water and other freshwater sources.
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- We recommend replacing Black Berkey® Elements every 3,000 gallons / 11,000 litres (6000 gallons/22,000 litres per set of 2 elements). Elements may require replacement sooner based upon the quality of influent water.
- Re-cleanable during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty
- Each Black Berkey® Element set has a filtration life of 22,000 Litres = 44,000 500 ml water bottles!
- That’s a retail cost of over $7000 for bottled water!
- Black Berkey® Elements Assembly Instructions Click Here
- How to Prime the Black Berkey® Elements Video: Click Here
- Test Results for Black Berkey® Elements from Independent Laboratories: Click Here
Black Berkey® Elements are not designed to be used with salt or softened water as it will shorten their lifespan and void their warranty.
BLACK BERKEY® ELEMENT SPECIFICATIONS
Specially formulated to address 200+ typical contaminants found in tap water and other freshwater sources. Our unique Black Berkey® Elements are made from a proprietary blend of media, and are backed by independent third-party testing. The gold standard in gravity-fed water filtration, authentic Black Berkey® Elements are capable of greater contaminant reduction and a longer lifespan than virtually any of the other filter elements on the market.
The Black Berkey® Element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53.
Black Berkey® Elements have been tested and confirmed to mechanically extract WATERBORNE PATHOGENS, plus remove or greatly reduce the contaminants listed below:
Removed to Below Lab Detectable Limits: Bromodichloromethane ; Bromoform ; Chloroform ; Dibromochloromethane.
Removed to Below Lab Detectable Limits: Chloramine; Chloride; Chlorine Residual (Total Residual Chlorine); Free Chlorine
HEAVY METALS (HIGH & LOW pH LEVELS)
Aluminum; Antimony; Barium; Beryllium; Bismuth; Cadmium; Cobalt; Chromium; Chromium 6; Copper; Iron; Lead; Mercury; Molybdenum; Nickel; Vanadium; Zinc.
PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS CONTAMINANTS
Removed to Below Lab Detectable Limits: Acetaminophen; Caffeine; Carbamazepine; Ciprofloxacin HCl; Erythromycin USP; Sulfamethoxazole; Trimethoprim; Bisphenol A; Diclofenac Sodium; 4-para-Nonylphenol; 4-tert-Octylphenol; Primidone; Progestrone; Gemfibrozil; Ibuprofen; Naproxen Sodium; Triclosan.
PF-2™Fluoride & Arsenic Reduction Filter
- Constructed of: Non-leaching Polypropylene #5 which is BPA-Free plastic
- Use with Berkey Systems: Travel, Big, Royal, Imperial, Crown and Berkey Light
- Berkey PF-2™& Arsenic Filter are designed to be used in conjunction with the Black Berkey® Elements only
- PF-2 filters attach to the bottom of the Black Berkey® Elements and sit in the lower chamber of the Berkey unit
- The number of PF-2s in the bottom chamber must match the number of Black Berkey® Elements in the top chamber; for example, 4 Black Berkey® Elements would require 4 PF-2 Filters
- Filter Capacity: 3,785 litres per set of two under normal usage. Note that high levels of Fluoride, arsenic and heavy metals can reduce the capacity and efficiency of the filter.
PF-2 filters reduce filtration flow rate by 15-20%
- Recommended PF-2 Replacement: If the system is refilled about one time per day, the PF-2s should be replaced after 12 months, if the system is refilled about twice per day, the PF-2s should be replaced about every 6 months.
- How to Prime and Install the Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Filters Video: Click Here