Sold in a Set of 2
- These filters attach to the white ceramic filters and not the Black Berkey purification elements
- PF-4 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters only work with Berkey Earth Ceramic Filters or the Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filter Elements
- PF-4 Filters need replacement after six months
- The number of PF-4s in the bottom chamber must match the number of Berkey Earth Filters in the top chamber; for example, 4 Berkey Earth Filters would require 4 PF-4 Filters
- PF-4 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters are designed to be used in conjunction with the Berkey Earth™ Elements or the Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Elements
- Attach to the bottom of the Berkey Earth™ Elements or the Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Elements and sit in the lower chamber of the Berkey unit
- PF-4 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters adsorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water:
- Heavy Metal Ions
- MTBE (Methyl-tertiary-butyl-ether)
- Trihalomethanes (THM)
- DBCP (Dibromo-chloro-propane)
- Herbicides and Pesticides
- Made from safe, non-leaching Polypropylene #5 that is BPA-free
Priming the PF-4 Water Filter
(Attention: PF-4 filters must be primed before use.)
- With blue caps in place, wash the exterior of each PF-4 water filter with mild dish soap.
- With clean hands, remove both blue caps from each end of the PF-4 water filter.
- Place the rubber priming button (tan coloured) onto one end of the PF-4 water filter and align the hole in the button with the hole in the PF-4 water filter.
- Press the priming button up against a sink faucet so that the priming button creates a seal between the faucet and the PF-4 filter.
- While holding the priming button against the faucet, turn on the cold water gently and allow the water to fill the cavity of the PF-4 water filter and discharge from the opposite end. Allow the water to discharge for at least 2-3 minutes or until the water runs clear, whichever is longer. Hint: Place your thumb on top of the faucet to apply pressure creating a tighter seal.
- Now repeat the process by turning the PF-4 water filter over and priming the filter from the opposite end in the same manner.
- Prime each additional PF-4 filter repeating steps 3-6.