Priming the PF-4 Water Filter
(Attention: PF-4 filters must be primed before use.)
- With blue caps in place, wash the exterior of each PF-4 water filter with a mild dish soap.
- With clean hands, remove both blue caps from each end of the PF-4 water filter.
- Place the rubber priming button (tan coloured) onto one end of the PF-4 water filter and align the hole in the button with the hole in the PF-4 water filter.
- Press the priming button up against a sink faucet so that the priming button creates a seal between the faucet and the PF-4 filter.
- While holding the priming button against the faucet, turn on the cold water gently and allow the water to fill the cavity of the PF-4 water filter and discharge from the opposite end. Allow the water to discharge for at least 20 seconds or until the water runs clear, whichever is longer. Hint: Place your thumb on top of the faucet to apply pressure creating a tighter seal.
- Now repeat the process by turning the PF-4 water filter over and priming the filter from the opposite end in the same manner.
- Prime each additional PF-4 filter repeating steps 3-6.