- Accommodates: 1-4 people
- Constructed of: Highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity: 2.25 gallons (8.5 litres)
- System Includes: 2 Black Berkey® Elements (expandable up to 4), Upper and Lower stainless steel chambers,1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wing nuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, 2 blocking plugs and Berkey® Filter Priming Starter Kit.
- Each Black Berkey® Element set has a filtration life of 22,000 Litres = 44,000 500ml water bottles!
- That’s a retail cost of over $7000 for bottled water!
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey® Elements (in upper chamber)
- Black Berkey® Elements are self-sterilizing and re-cleanable which makes them cost-effective
- Gravity-based – does NOT rely on electricity or water pressure
- Use the latest technological advances, backed by years of development
- NOT to be used with salt water or water softeners
- Height when in use: 48.9 cm
- Compact Height for travel (upper chamber nests in lower): 33 cm
- Diameter: 21.6cm
- Assembly Instructions Click Here
Filters as follows:
- Does NOT remove the beneficial minerals your body needs.
- removes Chlorine, Chloramines, Heavy Metals, Pharmaceuticals, and more
- removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts, and parasites by 99.9999%,
- removes viruses MS2 and FR Coliphage by 99.999%
- removes disease-causing bacteria including Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform
- extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222, and trihalomethanes
- reduces heavy metals such as aluminum, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, and mercury by up to 99%
- reduces bad taste & odors
- removes silt and sediment making your water crystal clear
- removes Fluoride and Arsenic with the addition of Pf-2 filters.
- and More
The Big Berkey® stainless steel water filtration unit is a great system for home, outdoor, travel, disaster, or other emergency use. It is suitable for small to medium-sized groups or families. Berkey systems are among the strongest and most practical water filtration and purification systems currently on the market. This powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds, and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best. Perfect for home and outdoor activities and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure, or treated water may not be available.
Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey® Elements, the Big Berkey® system can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey® Elements, the Big Berkey® system can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
NOTE: Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top and decreases as water level declines.
Big Berkey® 8.5 liters
Accommodations: 1-4 people
Constructed of: Highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
Storage capacity: 8.5 liters (2.25 gallons)
Included in the system: 2 black Berkey elements (expandable up to 4), upper chambers and stainless steel bottom, 1 stainless steel lid, 1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wing nuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button and 2 locking plugs Each set of Black Berkey filters has a
duration life of 22,000 liters = 44,000 500ml water bottles!
That’s a retail price of over $7,000 for bottled water!
Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey Elements (in upper chamber)
Black Berkey elements are self-sterilizing and re-cleanable, making them economical.
Gravity based – does NOT rely on electricity or water pressure
Uses the latest advances in technology, backed by years of development
NOT for use with salt water
Height when in use: 48, 9cm
Compact height for travel (upper chamber nests inside lower chamber): 33cm
Filters as follows:
Does NOT remove beneficial minerals your body needs.
removes chlorine, chloramines, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals and more
eliminates pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites by 99.9999%,
eliminates MS2 and FR Coliphage viruses by 99.999%.
eliminates pathogenic bacteria like cholera, typhoid, salmonella, E. Coli, fecal coliforms and disease-causing bacteria.
extracts harmful chemicals like herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes
reduces heavy metals like aluminum, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead and mercury up to 99%.
reduces bad taste and odor
removes silt and sediment making water crystal clear and crystal clear
removes fluoride and arsenic by adding Pf-2 filters.
The Big Berkey® Stainless Steel Water Filtration Unit is a great system for home, outdoors, travel, disasters or other emergencies. It is suitable for small and medium groups or families. Berkey systems are among the most robust and convenient water filtration and purification systems on the market today. This powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from sources such as lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best. Perfect for home and outdoor activities and essential in harsh environments where electricity,
Maximum filtration rate:
Configured with two Black Berkey purification elements, the Big Berkey® system can produce up to 13.3 liters (3.5 gallons) per hour.
Configured with four Black Berkey purification elements, the Big Berkey® system can produce up to 26.5 liters (7.0 gallons) per hour.
Up to 4 PF-2 fluoride and arsenic filters can be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired.
NOTE: Flow is calculated when the upper chamber is full and descends as the water level drops.