The Big Berkey® stainless steel water filtration unit is a great system for home, outdoor, travel, disaster or other emergency use. It is suitable for small to medium sized groups or families. Berkey systems are among the strongest and most practical water filtration and purification systems currently on the market. This powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best. Perfect for outdoor activities and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available.
- Height when in use: 48.9 cm
- Compact Height for travel (upper chamber nests in lower): 33 cm
- Diameter: 21.6 cm
- Storage Capacity: 8.5 litres/2.25 gallons
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® system can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 litres) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® system can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 litres) per hour
- Up to 4 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
NOTE: Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top and decreases as water level declines.